VOL 1518 - JUNE 22, 2016 - Strange Quiz: Are YOU the Annoying Co-worker?
Twice weekly E-letter - StrangeCosmos.com - This Week's Feature:
JUNE FUN !
Are you ready to review the Best Humor, Coolest Pix and Political Parody on the Internet?
Get ready to jump into something "Strange!"
Strange Quotes About "Ambition":
"You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do." - Henry Ford
"An ounce of hypocracy is worth a pound of ambition." - Michael Korda
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain
"Don't be afraid to take a big step. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." - David Lloyd George
Strange Quotes - "Classic Writing"
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. - Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator, 1890
Hold on to your divine blush, your innate rosy magic, or end up brown. Once you're brown, you'll find out you're blue. As blue as indigo. And you know what that means. Indigo. Indigoing. Indigone. - Tom Robbins
When two people are under the influence of the most violent, most insane, most delusive, and most transient of passions, they are required to swear that they will remain in that exalted, abnormal, and exhausting condition continuously until death do them part. - George Bernard Shaw "Getting Married" (1908)
Today's Featured Humor : -) - Quiz: Are YOU the Annoying Co-worker?
Quiz: Are you the annoying co-worker?
By Kate Lorenz
July 29, 2005
Every office has at least one jerk, pest or loudmouth who drives the rest of the workers crazy.
Could it be you? Take this quiz to find out how annoying you might be:
How many of these statements describe you?
1. You make provocative statements to "foster dialogue" or needle others.
2. You often find yourself delivering a discourse consisting solely of buzzwords and catchphrases.
3. You make up nicknames for all your co-workers and refer to them only by these names. (e.g. "Good job, Chachi!"; "I'm going to have to disagree with you there, T-bone!")
4. Your office is completely decorated with your children's pictures and artwork.
5. You have plastered your cubicle with photos of yourself taken with famous people.
6. It is your trademark to recite rhyming or other cutesy messages as your voice mail greeting.
7. The questions you ask at meetings are preceded by long monologues of your views and accomplishments.
8. You routinely eat odoriferous lunches at your desk.
9. You bring in dishes that you tried to cook -- but didn't turn out quite right -- as "special treats" for your co-workers.
10. People seem tense -- even panic-stricken -- when they see you coming their way.
11. Others back away from you as you speak.
12. You send flurries of e-mails to the rest of the company telling them what you are doing. (e.g., "If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom.")
13. You vigorously chew or pop your gum.
14. You wear strong perfume or cologne.
15. You assume your co-workers are fascinated by your personal problems and exploits.
16. You interrupt others while they are speaking or are deep in conversation.
17. You are moody and don't care who knows it.
18. You often give others assignments as they're walking out the door for lunch or to catch the train home.
19. You borrow staplers, scissors and tape from others' desks and forget to return them.
20. Your dialogue with others often end with the other person shouting, "You are so annoying!"
If you counted one or two, not to worry, you quickly can make changes before you're labeled a pest.
If your actions match three to five of these statements, take heed. You are on your way to becoming the source of many an eye roll.
If you do six or more of these on a regular basis, chances are you are already on the office watch list and have been anointed by your co-workers as annoying.
It's time to do a reality check and make some changes. Ask your boss and colleagues for feedback and be ready to listen. If what you hear doesn't fit your self-image, ask them to help you understand what they are saying by giving examples.
You might say: "Tell me more about what I do that leads you to believe that." Then listen, without arguing, defending or justifying your actions.
Remember, there are countless ways to aggravate co-workers -- you even can annoy them by trying too hard to please or being too nice. As long as you avoid the aforementioned behaviors, use your energy for the good of the organization and treat others as you would like to be treated, you should be all right.
And remember, it's perfectly OK to annoy others sparingly. It reminds them that you still exist.
Submitted by Kelly
Most Popular - Parody - News - Pix
THE PERFECT SUMMER FOR KIDS - ICEBOX FULL OF ICEY POPS! - http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/198687.html
STRIP MINING DANGERS - HUGE LANDSLIDE DESTROYS LARGE PORTION OF DEEP MINING OPERATION! - http://www.strangebusiness.com/content/item/198720.html
NASCAR'S HOTTEST NEW DRIVER - SEXY AMBER BALCAEN! - http://www.strangecelebrities.com/content/item/198722.html
NASCAR'S HOTTEST NEW DRIVER - SEXY AMBER BALCAEN! CLOSE UP! - http://www.strangevacations.com/content/item/198723.html
FUNNY BUSINESS SIGNS - CELLPHONE REPAIR - BECAUSE YOU'RE CLUMSY! - http://www.strangetrucks.com/content/item/198724.html
STRANGE AUTO ACCESSORIES - HELLO KITTY PINK AUTO INTERIOR - WHY? - http://www.strangevehicles.com/content/item/198725.html
UNUSUAL OLDE PHOTO OF THE BEATLES LOOKING DOWN ON THE STAGE! - http://www.strangemedical.com/content/item/198726.html
BEAUTIFUL BUILDNG TECHNIQUES - OUTSTANDING RIVER ROCK STONE WALL DESIGN - WOW! - http://www.strangeblondes.com/content/item/198727.html
STRANGE RELIGIOUS ITEMS - DRIVE THROUGH CATHOLIC CHURCH - GET BLESSED IN THE CAR! - http://www.strangefarmer.com/content/item/198728.html
STRANGE ANIMAL ACTIVITY - GATOR AND FROG MEET FOR LUNCH! - http://www.strangezoo.com/content/item/198729.html
GIRLS VOLLEYBALL SPIKER 6 PACK - FACE SHOT! - http://www.strangefunvideos.com/content/item/198730.html
BUILDING STAIRWAY DESIGN FAIL - WHAT A MESS - http://www.strangecollege.comcontent/item/198731.html
STRANGE OLDE PIXS - HARRY HOUDINI DEBUNKS AND EXPOSES SPIRIT TRICKERY - http://www.strangeoldepictures.com/content/item/198732.html
SUMMER FUN - AMAZING WATER PARK CREATED IN UNUSED HANGER IN GERMANY! - http://www.strangeamericans.com/content/item/198733.html
STRANGE VENDING MACHINE ITEMS - POTATO? - http://www.strangetravel.com/content/item/198734.html
F-1 RACER - FLIES DOWN THE TRACK! - http://www.strangepersons.com/content/item/198735.html
BEAUTIFUL CUSTOM MADE MARBLE - WOW! - http://www.strangefunkidz.com/content/item/198736.html
The Featured Pix Category This Week - SS - WATER SPORTS - SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMING - DIVING - SURFING - KAYAK
The Top News Articles & Humor for the Week
The Seven Weirdest Things About Moammar Gadhafi - http://www.strangegolf.com/content/item/179328.html
Why Do Celebrities Give Their Kids Strange Names? - http://www.strangeracer.com/content/item/179338.html
Who Was Geronimo? - http://www.strangedangers.com/content/item/179340.html
Strange Shopping Mall Facts - http://www.strangepolitics.com/content/item/176863.html
Strange Facts About Australia - http://www.strangemilitary.com/content/item/174084.html
The Featured New Category This Week - Religious Humor - Christians, Jews, Catholic, Amish, etc.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - Because of a number of requests, we are becoming more active of both Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. We will periodically be Tweeting the latest BEST or Most UNIQUE pictures. WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU FOLLOWING US!
Please Click here to begin following: https://twitter.com/headstranger
Be Sure to Check Out All of the Recent Additions at the "Strange" Family Websites
********** This message printed on recyclable media*********** (Think about it!)
Visit Often - Tell Your Friends - Never Follow!
Do NOT Reply to this automated e-Letter: E-Mail replies to this message will not be seen.
To Remove E-mail Address - http://www.strangecosmos.com/static/unsubscribe.html